Posted on

10 Worm Multi-Level Experiment-update 03-23-2017

10 Worm Multi-Level Experiment-update

10 Worm Multi-Level Experiment-update 03-23-2017

Two Week update with Red Wigglers and European Nightcrawlers

Well, it’s been two weeks since we started the 10 worm multi-level experiment with Red Wigglers and European Nightcrawlers.  Since we started with juvenile worms we were not really expecting much change this soon.  And, with only 10 worms in each small bin, they had not consumed much of their food or bedding yet.  No Cocoons were found, but a few of the worms had developed a clitellum. 

We did add a big hole in the center of the lid to increase air flow.  As a result, it did seem like the bedding was a little bit dryer than we want so some water was added to each.  The worms all found near the food source in each of the six small containers.  Both, the Red Wigglers and European Nightcrawlers were looking good.

Red Wigglers and European Nightcrawlers

Contact Us

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about the experiment.  We would love to hear from you.  All who are following, please leave us a comment, even if it is a brief one just to let us know you are following along.

3 thoughts on “10 Worm Multi-Level Experiment-update 03-23-2017

  1. I am eagerly following!

    1. Danielle,
      We are glad to have you following along. If you have any questions, thoughts or ideas concerning the experiment always feel free to share them.

      Kyle & Jen

  2. Any updates as of 8-12-2017.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *